Your parents deserve the best in the world, including a wonderful gift for Christmas. However, Mum and Dad are sometimes the most difficult people to shop for.
You might have considered buying things like books, gadgets and clothes, but why not give them a bottle of wine?
Throughout history, wine has long been considered a perfect present. It is a fitting gift to celebrate the significance of any occasion—birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas and the New Year. Wine is also a practical gift, which makes any meal—whether it is an intimate dinner for two or a party with a few friends—more luxurious.
Buying Wine Gifts Online
There are plenty of physical stores at which you can buy wine, but if your hectic schedule won’t permit a trip to the shops, consider taking your shopping online. Several online stores provide a wide selection of wine gifts that come in different packages. They can also deliver your gift right to your parents’ doorstep.
When buying your wine gift online, check the following to ensure fuss-free shopping:
You want to make sure that you are purchasing a gift from a store that knows how to ship wine properly. Read customer reviews to get an idea of how others have transacted with the online store. If you mostly encounter happy customers, it’s a good sign that you can trust that online store with your purchase.
The last thing you want is for your parents to end up without a present from you on Christmas Day. To avoid this mistake, check the delivery policies of the online store. Do they ship overseas? Do they offer next-day deliveries? If they do, what time should you place your order to qualify?
Consider shipping costs as well. Some orders are delivered for free when the total amount reaches a certain minimum.
Why not make your gift more special by pairing your bottle of wine with another gift? Wines and spirits can be given with other items such as chocolates, biscuits and glassware. You can also choose to send gift baskets so you can give your recipients a bundle that contains goodies and bottles of wine. That way, your parents have more than enough treats to enjoy over the holidays; they can also choose to indulge in the goodies at a later date, whether it’s with friends or by themselves.
While wines may be enjoyed, regardless, there is a wine that is best for every occasion. Alternatively, your parents might have personal preferences for the bottle they would like to receive. It is a good idea to ask them, but you can also ask the online store for their expert opinion. They can recommend a certain brand that your parents will love. They might also recommend pairing your gift with other thoughtful products, such as chocolates or a unique item like a jigsaw puzzle.
Recommendations from Bottled & Boxed
At Bottled & Boxed, we provide a wide selection of wine gifts that you can choose to make your parents happy during the holidays. Browse our recommendations below.
Make it Special: Wine Gift Recommendations
Your parents deserve nothing but an excellent bottle of wine from the best brands. Bottled & Boxed recommends the following to make your loved ones feel special:
- Chapel Down Brut NV English Sparkling Wine: Meant for easy drinking, Chapel Down Brut’s English sparkling wine brings peach and ripe apricot, as well as a tangy grapefruit edge, to the palate. It makes an excellent pairing for many food items, such as cheese, fish and sausages.
- Modern Wine Duo: Give your parents two bottles of wine that they can enjoy on any occasion. The Head Over Heels Shiraz by Berton Vineyards showcases aromas of dark fruits and predominant flavours of blackberries and black plums. The Cloudy Bay by Sauvignon Blanc has a fruity tropical flavour and is light on the palate.
- Moët and Chandon Brut and Rosé Twin Hamper (2x75cl): You will never go wrong with giving two bottles of champagne for Christmas, and from a recognised brand at that. Moët and Chandon’s Brut champagne’s tempting nose and the fruity palate engage the senses. The brand’s best-selling Imperial Rosé is also a treat, with pungent notes of fresh berries and a dry and lively flavour.
- Pommery Brut Royal Champagne Medium 150cl Duo Magnum Hamper: The bottle of champagne by Pommery Brut has aromas of yellow apple, ripe citrus and a bit of almond, brioche and vanilla. With its well-balanced and refreshing flavour, it best goes with canapés, croquettes and light salads.
- Taittinger Prélude Grands Crus NV: This bottle of champagne is made from the finest chardonnay and pinot noir grand crus from first-pressing. With a citrusy yet bold taste, it brings forth a pleasing balance on the palate. Your parents can enjoy this champagne as an aperitif, but it can also be paired with grilled fish and seafood.
Sweeten the Deal: Wine with Chocolate and Treats
Wine is best savoured with other treats. We recommend these wine gift pairings that can be enjoyed even after the holidays:
- Hendrick’s Family Hamper with Chocolates: A gin and chocolate hamper is a wonderful combination that your parents will love. The silver box contains three bottles of Hendrick’s gin, including the brand’s latest Orbium and the famous Midsummer Solstice. Your parents can enjoy these with a box of Charbonnel Dark Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Truffles.
- Martini Prosecco DOC NV 75cl and Chocolates Hamper: This delightful sparkling wine has a naturally aromatic smell of crisp green apples and ripe peaches, giving a dry, fruity and refreshing flavour. The bottle can be enjoyed with a mini box of Guylian Seahorse artisanal chocolates or Belgian chocolates from Belgid’Or. Add
- Monte Real Tinto Gran Reserva Bodegas Riojanas with Bohemia Royal Crystal Glasses: You can never go wrong with classic red wine, and Monte Real’s Tinto Gran Reserva provides smooth flavours perfect for an intimate dinner for two. The gift comes with two Bohemia Royal crystal glasses in a black box, ready to be opened and enjoyed on any occasion.
- Nyetimber Family Hamper with Chocolates: A silver hamper box contains three bottles of Nyetimber English Sparkling Wines, known for their creamy and rich flavours with an energising citrus twist. Your parents can enjoy their drink with a box of Charbonnel Dark Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate.
- Dominique Pabiot Pouilly Fumé: France and Pate Gift Box: This beautiful gift box contains oatcakes from Walkers Highland, and a jar each of Rendles’ chicken liver pate and farmhouse duck pate. They come with a bottle of Dominique Pabiot Pouilly Fumé, an excellent and refreshing white wine.
The More the Merrier: Gift Baskets
If you want to pair your wine gift with more treats, go all out with a gift basket. Consider giving these festive bundles to your parents:
- Festive Celebration Hamper: Bursting with delicious treats and wine, your parents will be spoilt for choice over the holidays. The wicker basket contains crackers, Christmas pudding, fudge, popcorn and other goodies. Your parents can choose to pair these with any of the four bottles of wine in the hamper.
- Share and Delight Hamper: This is a gift basket that is full of delightful goodies your parents can share with family and friends. Not only does it include crisps, breadsticks and jam, but it also has different types of chocolates packed in a Hessian Santa sack.
- Christmas Deluxe Hamper: Make your parents feel the spirit of Christmas with this deluxe hamper. This red paper rope basket contains delicious treats like Christmas pudding, chocolate-coated marshmallows and cranberry crumble biscuits. It also includes a bottle of CyT Cabernet Sauvignon, best paired with the goodies on the holidays or any other special occasion.
Fun and Engaging: Wine- and Spirits-Related Gifts
These wine-inspired gifts are unique and perfect for wine-and-spirits enthusiasts.
- The Whiskies of Scotland Jigsaw Puzzle: This 500-piece puzzle features the whisky regions of Scotland, as well as their landmarks and distilleries. Let your parents delight in this relaxing pastime or have them bring it out at one of their parties while enjoying a glass of whisky.
- The Wines of Bordeaux Jigsaw Puzzle: This jigsaw puzzle is another excellent way to keep guests entertained during a home party. It features a map of Bordeaux, the wine region of France, listing and picturing the landmarks and famous distilleries.
Holiday Gifts from Bottled & Boxed
Shopping for the most suitable Christmas gift for your parents can be challenging, but a bottle of wine and added treats will certainly show how much you love them. For convenient gift shopping, head over to Bottled & Boxed.
We offer a wide variety of wine and spirits carefully selected by our experts. You can be certain that all our products are of high quality, as we offer only the best brands from around the world
We ensure that your gift gets to the recipient as soon as possible. We provide next-day delivery in the UK, and our overseas deliveries are completed in just a few days. For peace of mind, we update you at each stage of the delivery process.
Please note, however, that it is unlawful to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18; as such, you must be 18 years and older to place an alcohol purchase with us. By placing an order with us, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age. Read more about our terms and conditions, here.
Contact us if you have any questions about our products or service. Call 01325 313456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your parents deserve the best in the world, including a wonderful gift for Christmas. However, Mum and Dad are sometimes the most difficult people to shop for. But why not give them a bottle of wine?